The Globe RM air motors are a series of compact heavy duty radial piston air motors offering an exceptional range of control valve and output options. MacScott Bond Ltd holds a large quantity of these motors in stock in order to supply with short lead times.
The RM motors have a four or five cylinder radial piston design, giving positive displacement, with oil bath lubrication and are designed to develop greater power than other motors of equivalent size from 1.7 KW to 23 kW, while being able to start under loaded conditions.
We have all the modular motor, brake and control valve options, foot brackets, filters, regulators, lubricators and silencers available on the shelf .
The motor speed controls are relatively inexpensive and the equipment is rated to ATEX directive 94/9/EC, Annex VIII: Equipment Group II - Category 2 - G D c -T5.
A variety of operating conditions can be achieved by utilisation of pressure regulators and flow control valves.
RM motors are most suitable for heavy duty applications and can be supplied direct coupled to gearboxes. For complete range of gearbox options, contact our sales department.
- Modular motor, brake, gearbox and control valve options.
- Relatively inexpensive variable speed control
- Intrinsically safe in hazardous environments (e.g. mine, petro-chemical, etc.)
- Natural sweet gas & other gases can also be used. Contact MacScott Bond for details.
- Instantly reversible
- Positive Start
- Rugged Design
- RM210, RM310, RM410, RM510 and RM610 motors can be supplied in configurations approximating to NEMA interfaces.
- RM410, RM510 and RM610 motors are also available with S.A.E. drives.
- ATEX & Non-ATEX gearboxes available
- Variety of mountings.
- Resistant to dirty, damp conditions
MacScott Bond Ltd is a member of the MacTaggart Scott Group. The Loanhead Division, certified to ISO9001: 2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007, has a full design, manufacture, installation, service and repair capability for pneumatic, oil or water hydraulic and cooling systems. We sell hydraulic, pneumatic and associated components and are distributors for SPX, Globe, Atlas Copco, SPX Power Team, MP Filtri, ACE controls and more.
Please feel free to contact our sales team or one of our engineers for more information about how MacScott Bond can help you.