GLOBE vane air motors are used in numerous applications, most suitable for light to medium duty operation at higher direct shaft speeds. GLOBE offers a wide range of vane motors from 0.44 - 9.5kW. They are the most widely used design of air motor and can operate in any position. Offering a lighter and more compact motor solution when compared with piston air motors of similar power.
Why choose a Globe Vane Motor?
NO PINS OR SPRINGS.
The GLOBE blade ejection system consists of an ejection ring which maintains a constant positive blade contact with the motor body. This guarantees the blade position on start up, preventing free air flow from port to port and ensuring the motor produces its rated starting torque. The ejection ring design removes the requirement for pins or springs, the result is low vane wear and a high motor reliability. The GLOBE vane air motors can be supplied directly coupled to a wide range of gearboxes such as planetary, helical, bevel helical and worm gears.
Suitable for running on natural sweet gas and other gasses. Oil-less function possible under certain operating conditions.
Robust design for operation in harsh environments. Available in a variety of motor interfaces including foot, face, NEMA and IEC flanges. Special adaptations are available on request, please consult MacScott Bond for assistance .
Vane air motors offer a unique form of drive and incorporate advantages not found in other prime movers.
● Simple and inexpensive variable speed and torque control with a flow control valve and/or pressure regulator.
● Intrinsically safe for explosion proof environments. All GLOBE vane air motors are certified according to the European Explosion Directive ATEX II cat. 2 G&D T5 and ATEX I M2.
● Air motors can be stalled indefinitely under load. They will not over heat or burn out.
● Instantly reversible, operated with a simple control valve.
● Controllable over a wide speed range.
● Resistant to warm, dirty and damp conditions.
● Cool running caused by the expanding air. GLOBE vane air motors can be used in ambient temperatures up to 80 ºC.
● Minimal maintenance because of simple design which results in less downtime.
● Air motors are compact and light weight compared to equivalent electric motors.
● High reliability and little wear thanks to the low number of moving parts.
● No shock start up which improves the life span of your equipment.
● Variety of mountings which include foot, face, NEMA flanges and IEC flanges.
MacScott Bond Ltd is a member of the MacTaggart Scott Group. The Loanhead Division, certified to ISO9001: 2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007, has a full design, manufacture, installation, service and repair capability for pneumatic, oil or water hydraulic and cooling systems. We sell hydraulic, pneumatic and associated components and are distributors for SPX, Globe, Atlas Copco, SPX Power Team, MP Filtri, ACE controls and more.
Please feel free to contact our sales team or one of our engineers for more information about how MacScott Bond can help you.