Selecting a Cylinder
Power Team build their range of cylinders in their ISO 9001 registered manufacturing facility.
All Power Team cylinders are date coded, and stamped with a maximum pressure rating and capacity. Each cylinder made complies with the demanding ASME B30.1 standard and are pressure tested to 125% of capacity before leaving the factory.
Some other features included:
• Cylinder bores are roller burnished to harden and smooth the surface, improving seal life by 30%.
• Base mounting holes withstand full cylinder capacity.
• Typical cylinder burst pressure range is from 25,000 to 35,000 psi, wellbeyond extreme usage.
• Cylinders with gland nuts may be “ dead-ended” at 10,000 psi and are assembled/tested by certified assemblers.
• Eddy current and mag particle inspections detect flaws in the steel.
• Cylinder bodies are solid steel or aluminum, not welded like some competitive cylinders.
• Material is removed from surface to assure that any flaws are removed.
MacScott Bond Ltd is a member of the MacTaggart Scott Group. The Loanhead Division, certified to ISO9001: 2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007, has a full design, manufacture, installation, service and repair capability for pneumatic, oil or water hydraulic and cooling systems. We sell hydraulic, pneumatic and associated components and are distributors for SPX, Globe, Atlas Copco, SPX Power Team, MP Filtri, ACE controls and more.
Please feel free to contact our sales team or one of our engineers for more information about how MacScott Bond can help you.